GUIs - A Modest Proposal

Steven D'Aprano steve-REMOVE-THIS at cybersource.com.au
Wed Jun 9 02:05:43 EDT 2010

On Tue, 08 Jun 2010 16:58:26 -0700, rantingrick wrote:

> We have a problem

You keep saying that, but you've given no good reasons for why we should
believe you, or what the nature of this problem supposedly is.

The current situation has broad community support: there's a relatively
lightweight GUI toolkit that ships with Python (Tkinter), even if it's
not beloved by all neither is it especially hated, and an extremely
healthy ecosystem of many alternative GUIs built on top of Qt, wxWindows,
GTK+, and others. Where's the problem?

> So keep the ideas rolling in people. We need to hear from every side of
> this forum.

I think the only way to end this pointless discussion is this:

"Hitler would have loved Tkinter!"

Now that we've run into Godwin's Law, can we get back to something more
productive? No need to thank me.

--
Steven