Python Forum

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Thu Jun 3 06:15:20 EDT 2010

On Thu, 2010-06-03 at 09:52 +0200, News123 wrote:
> > I would like to let the community know that there is a new web-based
> > forum for Python enthusiasts over at PythonForum.org (http://
> > pythonforum.org). Web-based forums is a preferred method by Python
> > newcomers to get help in exploring the world of Python and programming
> > overall. The main goal of PythonForum.org is to popularize Python by
> > welcoming all newcomers. Recently the forum got "attacked" with
> > questions by users just starting out with Python. I hope here will be
> > someone ready to welcome and help newcomers to enter the beautiful
> > world of Python.
> I fully agree with the feedback, that  creating a new forum is not such
> an excellent idea. currently the critical mass seems to be here and I
> appreciate this a lot.
> However, whether we like it or not:
> Fewer and fewer newcomers are willing, knowledgable, aware of nntp

So?  NNTP is the living dead.  Time to let it go.

Most people use this list via e-mail,  which everyone has access to and
knows how to use.

The best solution I've seen is what is used by the Mono project;  which
provides both a "web forum" and a mail list interface.

<http://go-mono.com/forums/>

It works very well; and everyone [except the 3 or 4 NNTP hold outs] are
happy.

--
Adam Tauno Williams <awilliam at whitemice.org> LPIC-1, Novell CLA
<http://www.whitemiceconsulting.com>