Python Forum

News123 news1234 at free.fr
Thu Jun 3 03:52:26 EDT 2010

pyDev wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to let the community know that there is a new web-based
> forum for Python enthusiasts over at PythonForum.org (http://
> pythonforum.org). Web-based forums is a preferred method by Python
> newcomers to get help in exploring the world of Python and programming
> overall. The main goal of PythonForum.org is to popularize Python by
> welcoming all newcomers. Recently the forum got "attacked" with
> questions by users just starting out with Python. I hope here will be
> someone ready to welcome and help newcomers to enter the beautiful
> world of Python.

I fully agree with the feedback, that  creating a new forum is not such
an excellent idea. currently the critical mass seems to be here and I
appreciate this a lot.

However, whether we like it or not:
Fewer and fewer newcomers are willing, knowledgable, aware of nntp

If you think, that newbies are unlikely to use nntp, then create a
forum, web front end or whatever, which looks very nice and cool, which
will automatically relay messages (forward and backward) to this group.

In my opinion new forums should integrate nntp and not try to replace it.

An nntp gateway on just another server is also not as nice as just
communicating with the existing feeds.