Python Forum

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Wed Jun 2 06:18:31 EDT 2010

On Wed, 2010-06-02 at 10:44 +0200, Bruno Desthuilliers wrote:
> pyDev a écrit :
> > Hello,
> > I would like to let the community know that there is a new web-based
> > forum for Python enthusiasts over at PythonForum.org (http://
> > pythonforum.org).
> YetAnotherUselessWebForum :(

+1

Yuck; no better way to make new users hate your product than have a web
forum - where they post questions.... and never get answers... because
the people with the answers are over on the much-easier-to-use mailist
[what an awesome feature:  the questions just show up in my INBOX!
Sweet.].

> > Web-based forums is a preferred method by Python
> > newcomers to get help
> Oh yeah ? Chapter and verse, please
> Do the world a favour : replace your whole forum with a static page
> explaining how to join the "official" MLs and/or c.l.py.
> > in exploring the world of Python and programming
> > overall. The main goal of PythonForum.org is to popularize Python by
> > welcoming all newcomers.
> Newcomers have always been welcomed here. And yet another forum *where
> the helpful experts won't post nor correct wrong posts* is certainly not
> the best way to "popularize" Python.

+1
--
Adam Tauno Williams <awilliam at whitemice.org> LPIC-1, Novell CLA