Python Forum

Stefan Behnel stefan_ml at behnel.de
Wed Jun 2 04:30:10 EDT 2010

pyDev, 02.06.2010 10:04:
> I would like to let the community know that there is a new web-based
> forum for Python enthusiasts over at PythonForum.org (http://
> pythonforum.org). Web-based forums is a preferred method by Python
> newcomers to get help in exploring the world of Python and programming
> overall.

It's not how the English speaking community works, though. There are two
main mailing lists (mirrored as/from newsgroups) around which the larger
community gathers: python-list (c.l.py) and python-tutor. I doubt (or
rather put my hope against it) that a forum will attract a critical mass of
Python cracks to make it attractive to newbees, and I would certainly
prefer an effort to get them into joining python-tutor instead. There is
not much to gain from splitting the community.

Stefan