Tkinter Label alignment problem using OS 10.6

Peter Otten __peter__ at web.de
Sat Jul 31 03:55:48 EDT 2010

AJ wrote:

> I have written a sample program that ran correctly with earlier than
> Mac OS 10.6. The answer field Label does not align correctly. I
> downloaded the latest Python 2.7 release but still did not solve the
> problem.  Look for line "L4.place(relx=0.32,rely=0.56, anchor=W)"

The underlying Tcl/Tk is more likely to be the cause of your problem, so
you'd have to look at that.

I'm on Linux with Python2.6 and Tcl/Tk 8.5, and don't see a misalignment.

Stab in the dark: try creating L4 with explicit padding:

L4 = Label(..., padx=0)

Peter

PS: Rantingrick is right; you should use one of the other geometry managers