Hello

Rhodri James rhodri at wildebst.demon.co.uk
Fri Jul 9 12:59:59 EDT 2010

On Fri, 09 Jul 2010 17:31:36 +0100, Dani Valverde
<dani.valverde at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am new to python and pretty new to programming (I have some expertise
> wit R statistical programming language). I am just starting, so my
> questions may be a little bit stupid. Can anyone suggest a good editor
> for python?

Whatever you feel most comfortable with.  Idle comes packaged with Python,
but can be a bit limited.  If you can stand the learning curve (and a lot
of people can't, it seems), Emacs and Vim are highly configurable and
offer a lot of language-specific convenience functions.  Basically, try a
few different editors out and see what style you like.