Naming Conventions, Where's the Convention Waldo?

rantingrick rantingrick at gmail.com
Sun Jul 11 03:26:36 EDT 2010

Another source of asininity seems to be the naming conventions of the
Python language proper! True/False start with an upper case and i
applaud this. However str, list, tuple, int, float --need i go
on...?-- start with lowercase.

Q: Well what the hell is your problem Rick. Who cares right?

WRONG, I tell you what my problem is. Now i cannot "wisely" use
variables like...

str="this is a string"
list = [1,2,3]
def make_random_objs(range=10)
def show_message(str)
int = 12

If we would have adopted proper naming conventions from dios numero
uno all this nonsense would be rectified! Str, Float, List, Range,
etc, etc. You think Python 3000 was a hump to climb over just wait for
Python 4000.

Just thoughts.