myths about python 3

Thu Jan 28 20:20:03 EST 2010

On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 08:33:58 +1100, Ben Finney wrote:

> Antoine Pitrou <solipsis at pitrou.net> writes:
>
>> Le Thu, 28 Jan 2010 00:19:24 +0000, Steven D'Aprano a écrit :
>> > 4. Python 3 will make you irresistible to women.
>> >
>> >     FALSE - Python 3 coders are no more likely to get a date than any
>> >     other programmer.
>>
>> They spend less time coding, so they /can/ get more "dates" (what a
>> strange English word) :-)
>
> Perhaps Steven could tell you about a lovely Australian meaning for the
> word “date”.

This is a family list, so perhaps I shouldn't. :)

In Australia slang, "date" is short for "date hole", which is the part of
the anatomy which is also known as "the [one] brown eye". In parts of the
US, it is also known as the "corn hole", and in Cockney rhyming slang it
is a jam role.

I trust I don't need to be any more explicit...

--
Steven