Symbols as parameters?

Sun Jan 24 19:05:13 EST 2010

On Sun, 24 Jan 2010 10:11:07 -0800, George Sakkis wrote:

> Both in your example and by using a context manager, you can get away
> with not passing locals() explicitly by introspecting the stack frame.

You say that as if it were less of an ugly hack than the locals() trick.
But sys._getframe is a private implementation detail, so you're no better
off.

> So it's utility is pretty limited; a custom DSL is probably better
> suited to your problem.

Personally, I think the OP is worrying too much about namespace
pollution. If you're concerned about the enums of one function clashing
with the enums of another, that's a strong hint that they don't belong in
the same module.

--
Steven