Microsoft Office Word and Python (Win XP)

Marco Nawijn nawijn at gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 16:30:48 EST 2010

On Jan 9, 8:18 pm, "3lvss0... at gmail.com" <3lvss0... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Marco Nawijn: I have had installed pywin32 already. The three lines
> that you mentoined don't do this
I checked at my own computer and it works fine.
> also what did you mean with "doc =
> app.Documents.Open("c:\\example.doc")". Which document should I open
> with this line?
This was just meant as an example on how to open a Word document from
within python. This would be the basis for copying/appending from your
source
document to your target document (e.g. HD10.doc).
> It shouldn't be opened anything. I was asking about
> the script as automated process. If you know how could i do this?
Well it is a python script. So you can run it as an automated process.
You should just set app.Visible=False so the Word user interface
component
is not shown.