Microsoft Office Word and Python (Win XP)

3lvss0809 at gmail.com 3lvss0809 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 14:18:12 EST 2010

Marco Nawijn: I have had installed pywin32 already. The three lines
that you mentoined don't do this, also what did you mean with "doc =
app.Documents.Open("c:\\example.doc")". Which document should I open
with this line? It shouldn't be opened anything. I was asking about
the script as automated process. If you know how could i do this?

Terry Reedy: I have never mentoined copying files but moving the whole
text from, always the same (same name, same path), .doc file with.
However copying (=moving) text to correct .doc file would be good yes.
I know command prompt and its copy function but this way it wouldn't
work because I would have to define the target file - the file INTO
which I want to move the text. But I will never know the file name
(target file). The only thing I know is:
- the file is one of .doc files that start with "HD"
- whole name of those .doc file is always HDX.doc where X is a number
and I need to move the text into the file with maximum X (the most
high number)
- all the HD files will be always in the same path (same folder) but I
would like to use the path inside the code (it might be obvious that I
have to) because on PC and laptop, I have two different usernames and
since HD files are located inside Documents And Settings, I have to
use two copies of the script - one for PC, one for laptop.

Dennis Lee Bieber: Im not familiar with python, also Im not
programmer. Thats why Im not able to do so when people tell me "do
this then use XYZ function which will give you ZYX from what you can
do that and you will get result". Im still willing to learn but there
are thousands of python tutorials and the one for exsactly this topic
probably doesn't exsist. The .doc extension is required, so I cannot
use .txt because I need the HD files in .doc.