Mencoder and creating videos

r0g aioe.org at technicalbloke.com
Wed Jan 6 18:44:48 EST 2010

Emile van Sebille wrote:
> On 1/6/2010 12:44 PM aditya shukla said...
>> Hello Guys,
>>
>> I have a multiprocessing script which downloads images from 5 urls to 5
>> directories(usinf multiprocess in python 2.6).The download is for 5
>> mins.My aim is to create a video for every minute for each directory and
>> dump the images as the video is created. My question are , should i use
>> _*mencoder.exe*_ to create the videos?

Ffmpeg will do multiprocessor encoding too if the compression codec
supports it. It will also compile stills into video as long as you are
careful to number the file names sequentially. There's no "official"
windows build of it but there's various 3rd party builds floating around
the web, or you can build it yourself.

Roger,