Mencoder and creating videos

Emile van Sebille emile at fenx.com
Wed Jan 6 16:56:07 EST 2010

On 1/6/2010 12:44 PM aditya shukla said...
> Hello Guys,
>
> I have a multiprocessing script which downloads images from 5 urls to 5
> directories(usinf multiprocess in python 2.6).The download is for 5
> mins.My aim is to create a video for every minute for each directory and
> dump the images as the video is created. My question are , should i use
> _*mencoder.exe*_ to create the videos?

I did something similar but on linux and used mencoder -- I'm guessing
you can do the same on windows.

> and how should i create the
> videos without interrupting the download.

In my situation I'd set up an ftp server and had webcams sending images
once a second there.  I'd also set up a cron job (scheduled task on
windows systems) to create the video and archive the images.

Emile