Exception as the primary error handling mechanism?

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Wed Jan 6 04:15:33 EST 2010

r0g <aioe.org at technicalbloke.com> writes:

> NO! It's a rude way to start a sentence don't you think?

Shouting is usually rude, yes.

> Just because you're correcting someone doesn't mean you have to be
> combative and try and make them feel small.

Again, you're reading something that isn't there. I utterly deny the
motives you're imputing.

> I can't imagine why I expect good manners on usenet though, AFAICT
> it's never been like that (well not since I got on it anyway).

I'll reiterate that you can address this by paying more attention to
what is actually written, and endeavouring to avoid finding emotions or
motives that are likely not in the message.

--
 \        “The greatest tragedy in mankind's entire history may be the |
  `\       hijacking of morality by religion.” —Arthur C. Clarke, 1991 |