Potential Conflicts by Installing Two Versions of Python (Windows)?

Nobody nobody at nowhere.com
Sat Jan 2 10:59:14 EST 2010

On Fri, 01 Jan 2010 17:37:40 -0800, W. eWatson wrote:

> I suspect that if one installs v2.4 and 2.5, or any two versions, that
> one will dominate, or there will be a conflict.  I suppose it would not
> be possible to choose which one should be used. Comments?

The only inherent conflict is that you can only associate the .py
extension with one version for any particular user.

This only matters if you need to be able to run Python files as if they
were executables, e.g. by double-clicking them in Explorer. If you invoke
Python files by explicitly specifying the Python interpreter, there isn't
a problem.