Fascism is coming to Internet

Olof Bjarnason olof.bjarnason at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 14:30:03 EST 2010

2010/2/23 Joan Miller <peloko45 at gmail.com>:
> On 23 feb, 10:54, Joan Miller <pelok... at gmail.com> wrote:
>> *Sorry by this message off topic, but this is too important*
>>
>> Fascism is coming fastly to Internet because is the only communication
>> way that governements (managed by the bank and multinationals) cann't
>> control
>>
>> http://www.boingboing.net/2010/02/21/acta-internet-enforc.html
>
> This is something that affects to all programmers:
>
> "This calls on all parties to ensure that "third party liability" (the
> idea that ISPs, web-hosts, application developers, mobile carriers,
> universities, apartment buildings, and other "third parties" to
> infringement are sometimes liable for their users' copyright
> infringements) is on the books in their countries. It doesn't spell
> out what that liability should be, beyond "knowingly and materially
> aiding" an infringement"
>
> http://craphound.com/acta_digital_chapter-1.pdf
> --
Joan.

ACTA is a *real* problem that we must fend politically. Here is a blog
post I wrote about the problem with making ISPs liable for what their
users communicate:

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=1&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Folofb.wordpress.com%2F&sl=sv&tl=en
(sorry for the bad quality google translation -- this is an important topic!)

Note the name of the important principle: "Mere conduit".

</politics>

--
http://olofb.wordpress.com