ANN: obfuscate

Stef Mientki stef.mientki at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 18:27:13 EST 2010

On 10-02-2010 00:09, Alf P. Steinbach wrote:
> * David Robinow:
>> On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 5:10 PM, Simon Brunning
>> <simon at brunningonline.net> wrote:
>>> I agree. Why wait? Put them in the stdlib now!
>>>
>> Can we please stop this?
>
> I agree.

sorry I don't,
unless Python is only meant for the very well educated people in encryption.

> I haven't looked at the code but the functionality that's listed is
> useful, e.g. in a Usenet client, and it's fun to play around with for
> a beginner.
I neither did look at the code,
but as a beginner with just 3 years of experience in Python,
I've tried several scrambling libs, for a quick and dirty use.
All were much too difficult, so I made my own xor-something.
Coming from Delphi, a scrambling lib is working is less than 10 minutes,
without the need of any knowledge of encryption.
I prefer Python over Delphi, but some things are made very complex in
Python.

cheers,
Stef