Comparison with False - something I don't understand

Emile van Sebille emile at fenx.com
Fri Dec 3 13:53:08 EST 2010

On 12/3/2010 6:31 AM Mark Wooding said...

> It's easy to show that a resumable exception system can do everything
> that a nonresumable system (like Python's) can do (simply put all of the
> recovery logic at the resume point); but the converse is not true.
>
> There are some other fringe benefits to resumable exceptions.

I do a lot of work in a variant of Business Basic that has always
offered resumable exceptions.  The closest I get in python is using
import pdb;pdb.set_trace().  I wonder what it would take to allow for
any exceptions occurring outside a try/except context to dump the
traceback, then invoke pdb.set_trace() before bailing to allow for both
investigation and possible recovery and continuance?

Emile