PyGeo

Thomas Jollans thomas at jollybox.de
Tue Aug 31 06:23:24 EDT 2010

On Tuesday 31 August 2010, it occurred to L to exclaim:
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>    File
> "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/pygeo/examples/real/dandelinspheres2.py",
> line 2, in <module>
>      from pygeo.base.abstract_elements_real import _Sphere, _Point
>    File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/pygeo/__init__.py", line 3, in
> <module>
>      from pygeo.vpyframe import display
>    File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/pygeo/vpyframe.py", line 38,
> in <module>
>      class display( visual.ui.display):
> AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'ui'

THAT's the information I was waiting for. So, it looks like everything is
working together, except that the visual module appears to have changed
somewhat since PyGeo was written. Importing "visual" within PyGeo appears to
have worked, but "visual.ui" doesn't exist.

After having a brief look at the documentation, I found no mention of a "ui"
object, but there appears to be visual.display -- so, if you wanted to port
the package to the latest VPython, that would be a place to start: replace
"visual.ui.display" with "visual.display", and try again. And the fix the next
problem, and so on, until it works, when you can send a patch to the old
maintainer.
http://www.vpython.org/webdoc/visual/index.html

 - Thomas