Python Portability

W. eWatson wolftracks at invalid.com
Sat Aug 7 19:24:52 EDT 2010

On 8/7/2010 2:01 PM, Michael Torrie wrote:
> On 08/07/2010 01:17 PM, W. eWatson wrote:
>> Presumably I have him somehow delete the numpy site-package, the numpy
>> 1.2.0 package? Just drill his way dow from the .../lib/site_packages?
>> Then install 1.2.0. He's missed the boat on that before by not following
>> instructions.
>
> Wait.  I'm confused.   Aren't you distributing your python app as an
> executable, with the interpreter and all the libraries bundled?
Not at all. There is no exe. The py source program is all that goes out.
It is expected that the recipients have the same versions of modules,
numpy, etc, and IDLE. All under Windows. There's not a single person (of
about 50) that gets person who is likely to have changed the Python
environment. None of them know Python. When the sponsor decides to
change the app we all use, then we update Python and modules as
required. User's execute the programs with IDLE, or a double click of
the py file.