Which version of python I should use if I just start programming in python?

Kee Nethery kee at kagi.com
Sat Sep 12 23:25:47 EDT 2009

I am in 2.x because the IDE I am using does not support stepping
through my code when in 3.x. As soon as the IDE I use supports
debugging in 3.x, I'm moving up to 3.x.

I would prefer to be in 3.x because all the inconsistencies of how you
do things in 2.x make it harder than it needs to be to learn the
language.

People who have been coding in 2.x for along time don't notice how the
syntax is wonky in places. Their fingers type the right stuff. As a
newbie I assume that everything works the same way and I am frequently
surprised. One of the goals of 3.x was to make the language more
consistent and that would make it easier for us newbies.

Kee