python daemon - compress data and load data into MySQL by pyodbc

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Thu Sep 3 10:52:55 EDT 2009

MacRules <MacRules at nome.com> writes:

> Are you a Python expert?

This group has many Python experts, and even more people who can no
doubt help you if you are able to articulate what you need help with.

To help dispel a possible misunderstanding: Don't expect to have a
one-on-one conversation with a single devoted correspondent here. We
prefer to have these discussions in a manner open for contributions from
everyone, to maximise the benefit for future readers and the chance of
correcting errors.

> Can you show me the basic coding to get a Daemon (pass through insert
> data) up and insert to the backend MySQL?

This doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me; it sounds like a
conflation of two separate problems that would be best tackled
separately. Can you re-phrase it, perhaps by describing the problem
you're actually trying to solve?

On the topic of implementing a daemon process in Python, there is the
‘python-daemon’ library <URL:http://pypi.python.org/pypi/python-daemon>
which I hope you will find useful. If you can describe what you're
actually trying to do, perhaps it will be clearer whether this library
is a good fit.

--
 \             “If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the |
  `\                                      precipitate.” —Steven Wright |