AJAX Widget Framework

Aaron Watters aaron.watters at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 15:24:18 EDT 2009

On Oct 1, 2:01 pm, Laszlo Nagy <gand... at shopzeus.com> wrote:
> I'm looking for an open source, AJAX based widget/windowing framework.
> Here is what I need:
>
> - end user opens up a browser, points it to a URL, logs in
> - on the server site, sits my application, creating a new session for
> each user that is logged in
> - on the server site, I create windows(frames), put widgets on them,
> write event handlers etc. Just like with wx or pygtk.
> - However, windows are created in the user's browser, and events are
> triggered by Javascript, and sent back to server through AJAX.
> - the server side would be - of course - written in Python....

WHIFF provides support for these type of AJAX
capabilities.  Please have a look at the AJAX calculator
tutorial at

http://aaron.oirt.rutgers.edu/myapp/docs/W1100_1400.calc

for an example with discussion of
some of the built in support for AJAX.
You could probably use this as a starting point for building
your "grid" widget.

I've used WHIFF with jquery and mootools javascript libraries
with much success.

Please let me know what you think.

   -- Aaron Watters

===