python performance on Solaris

inaf cem.ezberci at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 19:50:32 EDT 2009

I have been following this group for quite some time and I figured
(after searching enough on google --and on this group-- and not
finding anything useful) I could pose this question here. Can anyone
shed some light on python's performance on Solaris? My code seem to
return lookups from a in memory data structure I build combining bunch
of dictionaries and lists 6-8 times faster on a 32 bit Linux box than
on a Solaris zone. Is there anything that needs to be done
specifically when installing/compiling python  to improve performance
or is it a known thing that python does not perform that well on
solaris?

Thanks..