Feature request: String-inferred names

The Music Guy fearsomedragonfly at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 21:55:46 EST 2009

> Brad Harms FearsomeDragonfly at gmail.com
> Mon Nov 30 05:04:37 CET 2009
>
> That was a relatively simple example; classes as simple as the ones
> generated by the  It is more likely that the class generation could would
> appear in a metaclass's class constructor or decorator function, and there
> would be more than just the three attributes given.

Bwa ha ha! Well, I managed to screw up that paragraph pretty badly. (I
code better than I write, honest.) Let me try again:

That was a relatively simple example; classes as simple as the ones
generated by the factory function example given are not needed very
often. It is more likely that the class generation would appear in a
metaclass's class constructor or decorator function, and there would
be more than just the three attributes. That way it could be possible
to ADD those properties and methods to a class in the process of being
built rather than make a class with just those attributes.

Lie Ryan, I think I see what you're saying about using __dict__ to add
members to a class, but it's not quite the same. __dict__ is only for
attributes, NOT properties, methods, etc. which all come from the
class of an object rather than the object's __dict__. Adding things to
__dict__ would only work halfway; it wouldn't be very extensible.
That's (one of the reasons) why the members have to be accessed as
attributes rather than dict items.