Feature request: String-inferred names

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Thu Nov 26 19:58:53 EST 2009

The Music Guy <musicguy at alphaios.net> writes:

> Nonetheless, the fact remains that the feature I'm proposing closely
> resembles one that has already been rejected... Well, it's been a few
> years since then.

The passage of time is insufficient. The idea also needs to have greater
merit now than before. You haven't demonstrated that it does.

> Maybe its about time for another PEP to be proposed?

Before that happens, you might like to know that Guido (like many
others) far prefers to communicate with people who use their real name,
as one might use to introduce oneself face-to-face.

--
 \         “I call him Governor Bush because that's the only political |
  `\              office he's ever held legally.” —George Carlin, 2008 |