slightly OT: Python BootCamp

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Sun Nov 29 11:01:10 EST 2009

In article <mailman.1091.1259486627.2873.python-list at python.org>,
J  <dreadpiratejeff at gmail.com> wrote:
>On Sun, Nov 29, 2009 at 03:57, Carl Banks <pavlovevidence at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Nov 28, 6:15=A0pm, J <dreadpiratej... at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> http://www.otg-nc.com/python-bootcamp
>>>
>>> It's a week long Python Bootcamp.
>>

>> I'm surprised they're able to fill out 5 days with intensive training
>> on Python.
>
>but on a serious note, your comment was why I was asking... I was
>trying to figure out just how much python you could teach in an
>assumed 40 hours... but it's also supposed to be probably 80%
>(arbitrary semi-educated guess) hands on coding, and if that's the
>case, each 30 minute project could well be 45 minutes to an hour
>depending on how fast people type, how familiar they are with actually
>properly formatting code, etc...

There are a couple of ways you can get benefit out of this even if the
class itself isn't that useful for you:

* Spend time working on Python projects from your job without the
pressure of being at work

* Help the other people in the class learn Python, which will cement your
knowledge

The best way to get information on Usenet is not to ask a question, but
to post the wrong information.