slightly OT: Python BootCamp

J dreadpiratejeff at gmail.com
Sun Nov 29 04:23:20 EST 2009

On Sun, Nov 29, 2009 at 03:57, Carl Banks <pavlovevidence at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 28, 6:15 pm, J <dreadpiratej... at gmail.com> wrote:

>> http://www.otg-nc.com/python-bootcamp
>>
>> It's a week long Python Bootcamp.
>

> I'm surprised they're able to fill out 5 days with intensive training
> on Python.
>
> :)

Well, if it's anything like other similar courses I've taken over the
years, the 10 minute break ever 2 hours will be more like 20 minutes,
the hour lunch more like 1.5 hours, and the 8:30 to 4:00 times will be
more like 8:45 to 3:15

;)

but on a serious note, your comment was why I was asking... I was
trying to figure out just how much python you could teach in an
assumed 40 hours... but it's also supposed to be probably 80%
(arbitrary semi-educated guess) hands on coding, and if that's the
case, each 30 minute project could well be 45 minutes to an hour
depending on how fast people type, how familiar they are with actually
properly formatting code, etc...

--

Pablo Picasso  - "Computers are useless. They can only give you
answers." - http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/p/pablo_picasso.html