A "terminators' club" for clp

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Sat Nov 14 21:25:08 EST 2009

Ben Finney wrote:
> Terry Reedy <tjreedy at udel.edu> writes:
>
>> So, the only reason to use c.l.p is if one wants to post anonymously,
>> like the spammers do ;-).
>
> Or if one has an ISP who provides a Usenet feed, like mine does.

Gmane is a nntp news feed, just not a usenet feed. If you can read
usenet, you can read gmane, probably in the time it took you to write
this post -- and get access to 1000s of mirrer mailing lists. I switched
to gmane's mirror of python-list *before* I had to because it was
superior, overall, to my ISP at the time. Hoever, if you like the extra
spam, don't spend the minute it takes. But my comment is directed at
those complaining about it.

Just tell your newsreader to make a new news 'account' for
news.gmane.org or snews.gmane.org (port 563) to use ssl - either at the
corresponding default ports.

tjr