A beginner question about GUI use and development

Enrico 4564 at 755189.45
Fri Nov 13 05:38:08 EST 2009

"uap12" <anders.u.persson at gmail.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
news:1a446fef-4250-4152-8c30-cfe2edb61089 at j4g2000yqe.googlegroups.com...
> Hi!
> I have written som Python programs but no one with a GUI yet,
> i have look around and found a lot of diffrent gui module.
>
> I will develop program that will use a small amout of GUI part
> eg. program to show status about server etc.
>
> I have looked att wxWidget, but i like a rekommendation here
> (Will develop Windows program but somtimes OSX to)

You have a lot of option. I use wx since I need an OS native interface and
work on Windows, Linux and Mac. But your needs could be different.so maybe
QT could be a good choice for you, or Tk. I suggest to give them a try and
decide. You can find many examples and without writing to much code you can
have an idea on the library. For example for the wx you have a complete
suite of example that you can run and modify.

> When i givet the program away i like to pack it, so the enduser
> just run it, i don't like to tell the user to install Python, and/or
> som GUI package. is this possible.

This is not related to the GUI. If you don't want your user to have Python
and other packages installed you need to "build" the application. Look at
py2exe and friends (freeze, py2app,...). You can prepare an application with
everything needed to run it and install/copy it on the user machine.

Regards, Enrico