Calendar Stuff

Victor Subervi victorsubervi at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 14:58:43 EST 2009

On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 2:02 PM, MRAB <python at mrabarnett.plus.com> wrote:

> Victor Subervi wrote:
>
>> Hi;
>> I have the following code:
>>
>> import calendar, datetime
>>
>> def cal():
>>  myCal = calendar.Calendar(calendar.SUNDAY)
>>  today = datetime.date.today()
>>  day = today.day
>>  mo = today.month
>>  yr = today.year
>> #  month = myCal.monthdayscalendar(int(time.strftime("%Y"))
>>  month = myCal.monthdayscalendar(yr, mo)
>>  print 'hi'
>>
>> html headers are included. No matter which one of the last two lines I
>> comment out, I never get to the point of printing 'hi'. (If I comment them
>> both out, it does print.) What do?
>>
>>  Read the tracebacks?
>
> The commented line will raise an exception because:
>
> 1. There's a final ')' missing.
>
> 2. You haven't imported 'time'.
>
> 3. .monthdayscalendar() requires the year and month.
>
> I don't know why you're writing 'int(time.strftime("%Y"))' because you
> already have the year in 'yr'.
>
> The code above works for me if I comment out the line '...'.
> --

It works fine for me in the python interpreter but not in the page from
which it's called! You say import time, but where do I call time in my
script? Here's the code (abbreviated just to print something out to see it
work), please advise if you can:

#!/usr/bin/python

import string
import sys,os
sys.path.append(os.getcwd())
import calendar, datetime, time
import MySQLdb
import string, re
from login import login

def calendarPrint():
  print "Content-Type: text/html"
  print
  print """
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Frameset//EN" "
http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-frameset.dtd">
<head xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
.text { font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 16px;
text-decoration: none; text-align: justify }
<title>NR Electric</title>
</head>
<script language="JavaScript1.2" src="wz_tooltip.js"
type="text/javascript"></
script>

"""
  myCal = calendar.Calendar(calendar.SUNDAY)
  today = datetime.date.today()
  day = today.day
  mo = today.month
  yr = today.year