Calendar Stuff

MRAB python at mrabarnett.plus.com
Tue Nov 10 14:02:04 EST 2009

Victor Subervi wrote:
> Hi;
> I have the following code:
>
> import calendar, datetime
>
> def cal():
>   myCal = calendar.Calendar(calendar.SUNDAY)
>   today = datetime.date.today()
>   day = today.day
>   mo = today.month
>   yr = today.year
> #  month = myCal.monthdayscalendar(int(time.strftime("%Y"))
>   month = myCal.monthdayscalendar(yr, mo)
>   print 'hi'
>
> html headers are included. No matter which one of the last two lines I
> comment out, I never get to the point of printing 'hi'. (If I comment
> them both out, it does print.) What do?

Read the tracebacks?

The commented line will raise an exception because:

1. There's a final ')' missing.

2. You haven't imported 'time'.

3. .monthdayscalendar() requires the year and month.

I don't know why you're writing 'int(time.strftime("%Y"))' because you
already have the year in 'yr'.

The code above works for me if I comment out the line '...'.