Serious Privileges Problem: Please Help

Rami Chowdhury rami.chowdhury at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 13:53:04 EST 2009

On Mon, 09 Nov 2009 10:36:31 -0800, Victor Subervi
<victorsubervi at gmail.com> wrote:

> Of course. Let me start with some updates to httpd.conf, which didn't
> help
> anyway:
>
> <VirtualHost *:80>
> ServerAdmin me at creative.vi
> DocumentRoot /var/www/html/angrynates.com
> ServerName angrynates.com
> Options +ExecCGI -IncludesNoExec
> <Directory /var/www/html/angrynates.com/global_solutions>
>  Options +ExecCGI
>  AllowOverride All
>  AllowOverride FileInfo
>  #AddHandler mod_python .py
>  #PythonHandler mod_python.publisher
>  #PythonDebug On
> AddHandler cgi-script .cgi .py
> Options Includes Indexes SymLinksIfOwnerMatch ExecCGI
> <IfModule mod_security.c>
>  SecFilterEngine Off
> </IfModule>
> <IfModule mod_security2.c>
>  SecRuleEngine Off
> </IfModule>
> AddHandler cgi-script .cgi .py
> Options Includes Indexes SymLinksIfOwnerMatch ExecCGI
>
> <IfModule mod_security.c>
>  SecFilterEngine Off
> </IfModule>
> <IfModule mod_security2.c>
>  SecRuleEngine Off
> </IfModule>
>
> </Directory>
> </VirtualHost>
>
> Here's index.py:
>
> #!/usr/bin/python
>
> import string
> import cgitb; cgitb.enable()
> import cgi
> import sys,os
> sys.path.append(os.getcwd())
> from template import template
>
> ourFile = string.split(__file__, "/")
> page = ourFile[len(ourFile) - 1][:-3]
>
> form = cgi.FieldStorage()
> w = form.getfirst('w', '1024')
>
> template(page, w)

Can you try running index.py from the command-line, and let me know if
that works?

Also, as you've already been asked - please start your replies *below* the
text you are replying to. Putting your replies above the last email, or
"top-posting" makes reading long email threads with lots of text
distracting and frustrating.

--
Rami Chowdhury
"Never attribute to malice that which can be attributed to stupidity" --