Pyfora, a place for python

Aneesh Kulkarni aneeshvkulkarni at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 10:43:15 EST 2009

Imagine if no one ever created anything new out of fear of
"fragmenting the community".  Should we hurl the same accusation at
Guido for fragmenting the programmer community and creating Python,
when perfectly fine languages like Perl, Lisp & Smalltalk already
existed?

Creating new things is a part of the natural evolution of the web
ecosystem.  Some of them will succeed, like Python itself did, and
ultimately improve the ecosystem.  New places hardly fragment the
community, because at the early stages, they usually don't draw many
resources away from existing communities; by the time they do, they
can be valuable contributors to the larger community in their own
right.

Aneesh