Pyfora, a place for python

Saketh saketh.bhamidipati at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 02:58:15 EST 2009

On Nov 4, 5:28 pm, Alan Franzoni <doesnotex... at franzoni.invalid>
wrote:
> On 11/2/09 3:44 PM, Diez B. Roggisch wrote:
>
> > Being from germany, I can say that we *have* this fragmentation, and
> > frankly: I don't like it. I prefer my communication via NNTP/ML, and not
> > with those visually rather noisy and IMHO suboptimal forums. E.g. it
>
> That's right... forums, although more "accessible" to all the people who
> can't/doesn't want to use specific email or nntp clients, are quite slow
> to use.
>
> But I think Ubuntu forums support threads and are kind of "channeled"
> between ML and webinterface... something like Google Groups; I think
> THAT would be a good idea. What about trying to "channel"
> comp.lang.python and a forum?
>
> --
> Alan Franzoni
> contact me at public@[mysurname].eu

Hi everyone,

My small effort to create a place for discussing Python seems to have
sparked a larger discussion than I had anticipated. My intent in
creating Pyfora is not to splinter the community or encroach upon
comp.lang.python users, but to create an alternative location where
users can discuss Python. If this offends or irritates anyone, please
accept my humble apologies.

I understand that forums can be degenerate and uncivil, but my hope is
that with Pyfora, beginners will have a place to freely ask questions
in a genial environment. A large part of my computer upbringing was on
forums, and I wanted to share that experience with new Python users.

Sincerely,
Saketh