string payload expected: <type 'list'> error

Ramdas ramdaz at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 14:57:49 EST 2009

Dear all,

I believe this is an error which was fixed in Python 2.3 itself. But I
am running Python 2,5.2 and error keeps on cropping up.

Here is my code to construct emails . It works perfectly when I dont
have any attachments. Please find my code at

http://dpaste.com/hold/125574/

However when I try constructing with attachments it crashes with this
error string payload expected: <type 'list'> error.

Going through the trace error I discover that as I call the function
msg.as_string, the function . _handle_text(self, msg) expects a string
object but I am generating list object. Can someone advise what I need
to code to parse series of attachments into an email.

Help appreciated