What text editor is everyone using for Python

Bryan bryanvick at gmail.com
Wed May 27 11:59:21 EDT 2009

On May 26, 5:07 am, Lacrima <Lacrima.Ma... at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am new to python.
> And now I am using trial version of Wing IDE.
> But nobody mentioned it as a favourite editor.
> So should I buy it when trial is expired or there are better choices?

First read this and think about where you want to invest your time,
IDE or text: http://osteele.com/archives/2004/11/ides

After working in a large IDE at first, I am glad I invested time into
learning a powerful console-based text editor (VIM).  Now my entire
dev environment is accessible from any networked computer, and I can
do everything without touching that horrible mouse contraption.

Bryan