What text editor is everyone using for Python

godshorse chinthakawk at gmail.com
Wed May 27 11:50:47 EDT 2009

On May 26, 7:07 pm, Lacrima <Lacrima.Ma... at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am new to python.
> And now I am using trial version of Wing IDE.
> But nobody mentioned it as a favourite editor.
> So should I buy it when trial is expired or there are better choices?

Hello,

I too new to Python. I tried several IDEs and ended up with Wing IDE.
I used the trial version till it expired. Then found out that Wing
team has a scaled down version of Wing IDE called 'Wing IDE 101'.
http://www.wingware.com/downloads/wingide-101

Give it a try. It just lags few functions than Wing IDE.

But its really simple and light.