What text editor is everyone using for Python

Tue May 26 07:35:55 EDT 2009

In message <mailman.741.1243325683.8015.python-list at python.org>, Hendrik van
Rooyen wrote:

> "Lawrence D'Oliveiro" <ldo at geek....new_zealand> wrote:
>>
>> Why [do you want syntax highlighting]?
>
> It makes your screen look more busy as you type - for instance, if you
> type a " or a ' then it treats the rest of the file from that point on as
> belonging to the same string you are about to start typing, and colours it
> all using the colour you have selected for displaying string literals.
> This is basically to make you seasick and to force you to type the closing
> quote immediately and then to back arrow to inside the string again to
> finish typing the string, thereby making sure that firstly you type more
> keystrokes, which will look good on your productivity summary, and
> secondly to save the Python parser the hassle of dealing with a string
> that has no end quote.

Yeah, that's about what I figured. I think I first came across it 15 years
ago in Metrowerks CodeWarrior. I tried it for a while, but it didn't really
help with any of my program bugs, so I turned it off.