What text editor is everyone using for Python

Tue May 26 01:01:14 EDT 2009

On Mon, 25 May 2009 10:35:03 -0700, LittleGrasshopper wrote:

> With so many choices, I was wondering what editor is the one you prefer
> when coding Python, and why.

I use kwrite when on a GUI. When I can't avoid editing files remotely
over ssh, I use nano.

Why? I dislike Gnome's user-interface, and I find gedit slightly too
underpowered and dumbed down for my taste. (Although it has a couple of
nice features.) Of the KDE editors, kedit is too basic and I've never got
into kate, although perhaps I should. kwrite has a nice clean, consistent
UI that matches other KDE apps, instead of being hideously ugly like some
apps I won't mention.

As for nano, I dislike having to memorize obscure ctrl-alt-shift key
combos to do the simplest thing. For a handful of small edits, nano is
perfectly adequate, doesn't tax my memory, and does the job.

--
Steven