Which one is best Python or Java for developing GUI applications?

Pascal Chambon chambon.pascal at wanadoo.fr
Fri May 8 08:51:48 EDT 2009

On Thu, May 7, 2009 at 1:42 PM, Pascal Chambon
<chambon.pascal at wanadoo.fr <mailto:chambon.pascal at wanadoo.fr>> wrote:

    Hello

    When a lot of code using wxwidgets is in place, it's sure that
    moving to qt is a big task ; even though, thanks to qt's GUI
    designer, it's possible to quickly reproduce the structure of the
    wxwidget application with QT widgets.

    If you want to see the power of Qt, I highly advice you to browse
    the very nice "demos" included in both the Qt and PyQt packages -
    those are Gui applications that let you watch all kind of abilities
    very fastly.
    Also, something that wxwidgets will surely never be able to do :
    http://labs.trolltech.com/blogs/2008/12/02/widgets-enter-the-third-dimension-wolfenqt/

    The 2 products (and the Gui designer, docs and demos) can be
    downloaded from these pages :
    http://www.qtsoftware.com/products/
    http://www.riverbankcomputing.co.uk/software/pyqt/download

    And if you have some time for reading :