desperately looking for a howto on running my wxPython app on Vista

Mike Driscoll kyosohma at gmail.com
Tue May 5 14:57:12 EDT 2009

On May 5, 11:43 am, Paul Sijben <paul.sij... at xs4all.nl> wrote:
> Mike Driscoll wrote:
> > On Apr 29, 4:17 am, Paul Sijben <paul.sij... at xs4all.nl> wrote:
> >> Is there any way to check which is the offending pyd/dll?  (normally
> >> Vista does not give out much data on what went wrong)
>
> >> Paul
>
> > You might be able to find it using the Dependency Walker utility:
>
> >http://www.dependencywalker.com/
>
> Mike, thanks! That spotted indeed some issues with one specific file:
> SHLWAPI.DLL, now let's see what is the issue. The report from Dependency
>  Walker:"Warning: At least one module has an unresolved import due to a
> missing export function in a delay-load dependent module." is not
> telling me much at this moment. The FAQ from Dependency Walker sais this
>   is not a major issue, but apparently on Vista it is ?!?
>
> Does anyone have a clue what I am to do about this?
>
> Interestingly On WinXP it flags DWMAPI.DLL as missing. I did not spot
> that on the Vista box.
>
> Paul
>

> > - Mike

Hmmm...I'm not familiar with that DLL, but a little googling seems to
indicate that you may be able to get it off your installation CD:

http://www.techimo.com/forum/applications-operating-systems/76550-winxp-msgina-dll-shlwapi-dll-problem.html

The link above gives the steps for XP, but Vista will probably be
similar. I don't know for sure, but you may have to register the dll
once you've got it copied back onto your machine.

Mike