desperately looking for a howto on running my wxPython app on Vista

Paul Sijben paul.sijben at xs4all.nl
Tue May 5 12:43:57 EDT 2009

Mike Driscoll wrote:
> On Apr 29, 4:17 am, Paul Sijben <paul.sij... at xs4all.nl> wrote:

>> Is there any way to check which is the offending pyd/dll?  (normally
>> Vista does not give out much data on what went wrong)
>>
>> Paul
>
> You might be able to find it using the Dependency Walker utility:
>
> http://www.dependencywalker.com/

Mike, thanks! That spotted indeed some issues with one specific file:
SHLWAPI.DLL, now let's see what is the issue. The report from Dependency
 Walker:"Warning: At least one module has an unresolved import due to a
missing export function in a delay-load dependent module." is not
telling me much at this moment. The FAQ from Dependency Walker sais this
  is not a major issue, but apparently on Vista it is ?!?

Does anyone have a clue what I am to do about this?

Interestingly On WinXP it flags DWMAPI.DLL as missing. I did not spot
that on the Vista box.

Paul