Deleteing empty directories

CinnamonDonkey CinnamonDonkey at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 30 11:25:26 EDT 2009

        return False

    contents = os.listdir( path )

    if len(contents) == 0:
        return True

    return False

def RecurseTree( path ):
    print "RecurseTree( %s )" % (path,)

    if not os.path.isdir( path ):
        print "RecurseTree( %s ) - NOT A DIRECTORY" % (path,)
        return 0

    contents = os.listdir( path )

    for item in contents:
        investigate = "%s\\%s" % (path, item)
        if os.path.isdir(investigate):
            RecurseTree( investigate )

    contents = os.listdir( path )

    if len(contents) == 0:
        print "Deleting Empty Dir '%s'" % (path,)
        shutil.rmtree(path)

if __name__ == '__main__':
    RecurseTree( r"c:\temp" )