c.l.py dead, news at 11 (was Re: Mangle function name with decorator?)

Tim Golden mail at timgolden.me.uk
Mon Mar 30 11:02:54 EDT 2009

Steven D'Aprano wrote:
> On Mon, 30 Mar 2009 09:46:40 +0200, Hendrik van Rooyen wrote:
>
>> Its kind of sad to see unladen swallow, which is just a promise, on the
>> list, while Shedskin, which isn't, is ignored.
>>
>> Does this say something about big corporations vs the small man?
>
> No, what it says is that I had just read a post about Unladen Swallow two
> minutes before, and I forgot completely about Shedskin.
>
> Although I took a few minutes to google, I knew I'd probably missed
> something, which is why I said there are *at least* thirteen
> implementations of Python.

I was going to post in your defence (before realising that
you were more than capable of doing that for yourself).
It was obviously just a casual list, not the official
definitive everything-not-here-is-not-valid Python-lookalikes
competition entrants list. :)

But I was impressed you managed to get so many: I was
aware of everything on that list, but I'm quite sure I
couldn't have named them all together.

TJG