tkinter questions: behavior of StringVar, etc

Rhodri James rhodri at wildebst.demon.co.uk
Sun Mar 29 18:50:34 EDT 2009

On Sun, 29 Mar 2009 22:37:24 +0100, Alan G Isaac <alan.isaac at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 3/29/2009 2:46 PM Scott David Daniels apparently wrote:
>> You ask, "What exactly is the role of ...", rather than saying
>> something like, "I don't understand the role of ...", and continue to
>> ask why the code is not architected the way you first expected it to be
>> architected, calling those things you do not understand "magic"  (not
>> "magically" which would at least invoke a sense of wonder, rather than
>> indignation).
>

> Clearly there are some cultural differences here.  I am not
> a CS type.  I would not presume to criticize the
> architecture, and in my world, questions are generally
> assumed to be what they appear to be: questions.

A question does not stop being a question just because it is
arrogant or respectful, terse or verbose, or whatever else
it manages to communicate.  In this case, your choice of wording
(the nearest thing we have in print to "tone of voice") did not
inspire me to go digging around in source that you have just as
easy access to, in order to answer questions that I'm not
particularly interested in.

(Also a bit grumpy this weekend.  It must be the weather.)