Programming Python 4th Edition?

Esmail ebonak at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 27 12:05:34 EDT 2009

pruebauno at latinmail.com wrote:

> It isn't a introduction to the Python language like "Learning Python",
> it doesn't work as reference like "Python in a Nutshell", it doesn't
> contain short idiomatic code like "Python Cookbook". What you are left
> with is different application domains and how to apply Python to them.
> The book is excellent if you want to do Network, GUI, Databases, etc.
> but poor if you want to learn about Python the core language. The
> title of the book should be changed from "Programming Python" to
> "Applied Python"

Hi,

I appreciate you taking the time to post. I agree with what you say.
I guess what appeals to me is the nearly encyclopedic nature of the
book .. and I am curious about scripting with python, so it seems to
have some good material on it (though I think there are newer modules
now available for this).

It's good to hear what others think about this book, and others too.

Cheers,
Esmail