Best GUI toolkit with Table support

John Fabiani jfabiani at yolo.com
Tue Mar 24 21:28:51 EDT 2009

deech wrote:

> Hi all,
> I am making a cross-platform frontend to a sqlite3 database. Which
> python GUI toolkit has the best table support? Tkinter doesn't seem to
> support them (without additional package installation).
>
> The issue is that the application must run off a flash drive with a
> vanilla Python install on both Windows and Linux. Or if there is a way
> to store additional packages on the flash drive and call them in some
> portable way, this would work too.
>
> -deech
Take a look at Dabo (www.dabodev.com) which was developed to deal the with
very thing you are asking for data.

BTW running from a flash drive these days does not present a big deal - 16
gb is plenty of room for an OS and your app.  And there is even bigger 32GB
flash drives.  I'll bet that by the end of the year there will 64GB flash
drives.