Best GUI toolkit with Table support

Todd Whiteman toddw at activestate.com
Tue Mar 24 20:01:02 EDT 2009

deech wrote:
> Hi all,
> I am making a cross-platform frontend to a sqlite3 database. Which
> python GUI toolkit has the best table support? Tkinter doesn't seem to
> support them (without additional package installation).
>
> The issue is that the application must run off a flash drive with a
> vanilla Python install on both Windows and Linux. Or if there is a way
> to store additional packages on the flash drive and call them in some
> portable way, this would work too.

If you don't need custom sqlite functionality, you could use an existing
sqlite manager app, such as SQLiteManager, which runs cross-platform as
a Firefox extension, or can use XULRunner as a standalone (so it could
run off a flash drive):
http://code.google.com/p/sqlite-manager/wiki/ScreenShots

Cheers,
Todd